Sunday, January 22, 2012

pun!

I'm not updating my blog simply because I have writer's block

It's a PUN!

Ok, maybe some of you don't get the jokes and the meaning. What is pun anyway.

From Wikipedia - since I am too lazy to open my literature notes:
The pun, also called paronomasia, is a form of word play which suggests two or more meanings, by exploiting multiple meanings of words, or of similar-sounding words, for an intended humorous or rhetorical effect.
So, in the above example, the pun would be the words blog and block which they have two different meanings but share a similar pronunciation sound. It usually marks for jokes. 

If you are wondering where do I learn this term, I have to thank my literature class where we have to learn all these figure of speeches or gaya bahasa if in Malay.

Since I've this writer's block, I'll end my post with food pictures - both of them are my favourite food ever. :D

This is gulai lemak ketam nanas. I'd been craving for this months since I found ketam at my hostel's cafe. Heaven!

And, this is sambal goreng jawa. This one is indescribable. Speechless because it is too delicious.

#  Both were cooked by my mother. When it comes to these two delicacies, I shall surrender my pot and apron to thou.

Last pun,

When I cannot get my food, I can eat my own foot.
;)


HAPPY HOLIDAY EVERYONE!




No comments: